My First Attempt at Stamping
I couldn’t wait to try out my new stamping gear from moYou. I used Sinful Colors Base Coat and RUFFIAN “Naked” as my base – I wanted to try the french manicure plates to see if I could get a clean line.
Things I learned…
1. Work FAST – the polish dries quickly on the stamper
2. Make sure your nails are DRY and not sticky
3. ROLL the stamper and do not just press down
4. The French manicure strips are impossible to get on right
5. Small designs like flowers are infinitely easier than french tops it whole nail patterns – see my pinky
6. Be very careful with your nail polish remover when cleaning up – the pump on my Zoya Remove+ splashed all out the sides and dotted my nails
7. I have no idea how you’re supposed to clean your plates after stamping without ruining your nails
All things considered, my first attempt at stamping didn’t turn out too badly. I have the deepest admiration for the girls who can get the stamp to cover their entire nails cleanly – I failed at getting full nail coverage. I do have huge, long fingernails – but still.
I’ll keep on trying – practice makes perfect.