A Martini Built for Two
Julep “Emmy” is an odd polish. Julep describes it as an olive ghost shimmer. (I think ghost shimmer means that you can see it in the bottle, but it disappears on the nails.) This color seems very limiting, but I had some many ideas about the personality it portrays:
- A ‘country girl’, a lady that wants her nails to look their best as she fixes a fence or rounds up the chickens.
- A 90s grunge girl, the olive tone perfectly complementing her flannel shirt.
- A girl who appreciates Military chic.
- One of those girls that gets married in a camouflage wedding dress.
- A city sophisticate that likes her polish like she likes her Martini – smooth and dry.
I am not sure I fall into any of those categories…OK, long ago, maybe the second one. My point is that this polish has multiple personalities and while I thought it annoyed me, it grew on me the longer I wore it – nearly a week. Next time, I’ll add glitter.
This is two coats of “Emmy” over Julep Oxygen Bonding Base Coat and under Glisten & Glow Top Coat.